- 03 Nights at 3 star hotel
- 10 nights at local tea house
- 13 Breakfast
- 11 Lunch
- 11 Dinner
Langtang Ganjala Pass Trek in the Langtang region, North of Kathmandu, takes you to the popular Ganja La pass. It is well-known for its remarkable landscapes as well as the cultural diversity present in the region. With villages of primarily Tamangs and Sherpas, there’s no doubt for the cultural mixture in the Langtang Valley. This is a short trek but ascending the Ganja La Pass is a very serious task. It definitely requires professional equipment and expert assistance.
Trekking through the Ganja La Pass
Trekkers must be well equipped with all the necessary medical and other supplies since there are no aid facilities for approximately three or four days during the trek. Also, during the crossing of Ganja La pass, the use of technical climbing equipment is a must. Therefore, it is essential for trekkers to have previous experience with such tools. They should be ready to help less well-equipped porter staff. The trail goes through a small valley after which we find ourselves through a glaciated pass where one might need to use crampons, ice axes, and ropes.
Langtang Ganjala Pass trek incorporates the breathtaking views of mountains like Langtang Lirung, Dorje Lakpa, Mount, Gaurishanker, Ganesh Himal, Langshisa Ri, Gangchenpo, Yala pinnacle, and Naya Kanga which is by all accounts majestic in every way. In the wake of passing the Ganja La Pass, the trail takes you to Melamchi Gaon and Tarke Ghyang. The trail pursues a small valley before arriving at the glaciated pass were ropes, crampons, and axes might come into action.
This is a short but physically challenging endeavor. However, the reward is worthy of all the hard work. Those who choose to venture into this somewhat unexplored territory of the Himalayas will witness scenic views that are otherworldly. We will provide you with all the information and guidance you need to begin preparing for this extraordinary journey.
Book your Ganja La pass trek now!
Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu airport and transfer to the hotel. Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 02: Day sightseeing in Kathmandu and Trek preparation. Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 03: Drive from to Syabrubesi (1,550m/5,100ft): 145 km/ 7 hrs. Overnight in Syabrubesi
Day 04: Trek from Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel (2,380m/7,830ft): 6 hrs. Overnight in Lama Hotel
Day 05: Trek from Lama Hotel to Mundu (3543m/11,621ft) via Langtang village (3,430m/11,253ft): 6-7 hrs. Overnight in Mundu
Day 06: Trek from Mundu to Kyangjin Gompa (3,870m/12,697ft): 3 hrs.Overnight in Kyanjin Gompa
Day 07: Hike to Tserko Ri (5000m/16,404ft) 7-8 hrs. Overnight in Kyanjin Gompa
Day 08: Trek from Kyanjin to Ganja La Phedi (4300m/14,104 ft): 5-6 hr. Overnight in Phedi
Day 09: Today Cross the Ganja La pass(5122m/16,800 ft) Trek to Keldang (4250m/13,940ft): 6/7 hr. Overnight in Keldang
Day 10: Trek from Keldang to Yak Kharka (4000m/13,120ft): 5/6 hr. Overnight in Yak Kharka
Day 11: Trek from Yak Kharka to Tarke Gyang(2,590m/8,497ft): 5/6 hrs. Overnight in Tarke Gyang
Day 12: Trek from Tarke Gyang to Sermathang(2,610m/8,563ft): 3/4 hr. Overnight in Serma Thang
Day 13: Trek from SermaThang to Melamchi Pul Bazaar and drive to Kathmandu: 3/4 hrs trek/ 2 hr drive. Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 14: Departure from Kathmandu
- Airport transfers by private car in Kathmandu
- All Ground Transfer by private Car
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) card
- Langtang National Park permit fee
- Daily meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) during the trek
- Daily hot drinks such as tea, coffee and hot chocolate
- 1 experienced and license holder trekking guide and his daily meal, wage & accommodation
- 1 porter/carrier for a group of 2 person ( carry 20-25kg) and his daily meal, wage & accommodation
- Trekking equipment such as down jacket, sleeping bag (refundable after the trek)
- 3 nights accommodation in Kathmandu at 3 star Nepalese standard hotel.
- Twin sharing accommodation during the trek
- Our service charge & value added tax
- Insurance – coverage your personal accidents, medical and Helicopter Evacuation
- Meals in Kathmandu (Lunch & Dinner)
- Nepal entry visa fee, international flights
- Your personal expenses such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, mineral water, laundry, internet, phonecall
- Expenses occurred due to unavoidable Events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc.
- Extra expenses such as camera battery charging cost, taking shower, hot water etc
- Tips for the guide & porter