Arrival and Departure on
/ Kathmandu, Nepal
- 04 Nights at 3 star hotel
- 13 nights at Tended Camp
- 17 Delicious Breakfast
- 15 Delicious Lunch
- 15 Delicious Dinner
On This Page:
Since it’s opened for tourist in 1982, The Lower Dolpo Trek is one of the famous isolated and less trekked paths in Dolpa region of Nepal. The Dolpo region of Nepal preserves one of the last remnants of traditional Tibetan culture. Legend says it’s one of the “hidden valleys” created by Guru Rinpoche as a refuge for devout Buddhists in troubled times. Surrounded by high mountains including the Dhaulagiri massif to the southeast and cut off by high passes closed by snow half the year, Dolpo’s easiest access is from Tibet, where its people emigrated from perhaps 1000 years ago.
The Lower Dolpo Trek crosses two high passes of this region such as Numa La (5,159m) and Baga La (5,190m). Lower Dolpo is home to popular Shey Phoksundo National Park. Our trek leads us through the protected area and takes us to superb Phoksundo Lake with beautiful flora and fauna. It is situated in Karnali region of Nepal and requires special trekking permit from the immigration because of the restricted area. Dolpo region is a very dry and unproductive area. So, the daily life is very difficult but they were very humble and friendliness with their smiling faces.
The Trek begins and ends at Juphal, Dolpa. It is a moderately strenuous walk along the lower part of Dolpo. Shey Phoksundo lake is the deepest lake of Nepal which is situated at the height of 3,611.5 m in this region. Since the route opened, it becomes very popular among the trekkers and this route is famous treks in the western Nepal. Beautiful lakes, ancient villages, people life style, Buddhist monasteries, Tibetan plateau and the traditional culture are the main attraction of the trek. Planning to explore hidden treasure of Nepal then book this trek now. We will plan you a perfect trek.
Day 1- Arrive Kathmandu and Transfer to Hotel. Overnight at Hotel
Day 2- Sightseeing in Kathmandu and Trek Preparation day. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 3- Fly to Nepalgunj and explore around. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 4- Flight to Juphal (2320m) then trek to Dunai (2850m) – 3 hrs walk, Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 5-Trek to Tarakot (2543m) – 6 hrs walk, Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 6- Trek to Laini (3170m) – 6 hrs walk, Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 7- Trek to Nawarpani (3545m) – 7 hrs walk, Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 8- Trek to Do Tarap (4090m)- 8 hrs walk, Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 9- Acclimatization day at Dho Tarap, Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 10- Trek to Numa La Base Camp (4440m)- 7 hrs walk, Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 11- Cross Numa La pass (5190m) and camp at Pelung Tang(4465m)- 7 hrs walk, Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 12- Cross Baga La (5,070m) and camp Dajok Tang (4,080m) – 7 hrs walk, Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 13- Trek to Ringmo (3,600m) – 4 hrs walk, Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 14- Rest Day at Ringmo and hike to Phoksundo Lake, Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 15- Trek to Shyanta (2520m)- 6 hrs walk, Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 16- Trek to Juphal – 6 hrs walk, Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 17- Fly Juphal-Nepalgunj-Kathmandu, Overnight at Hotel
Day 18- Departure from Kathmandu
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van / Bus.
- 3- nights accommodation with breakfast at 3-star hotel in Kathmandu
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu including Entrance Fee, Guide, and private car
- 1- night accommodation with breakfast at standard hotel in Nepalgunj
- 3-course meal (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) prepared by our cook during the trek
- Plenty of Hot drinks such as coffee, tea, chocolate, hot lemon
- Boiled drinking water during the trek
- Accommodation in Local guest house or tents during the trek
- 1 Experience licensed guide and his daily wage, food, accommodation, equipment, and Insurance
- Necessary porters and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment and their insurance.
- Round Trip flight from KTM-Nepalgunj-Juphal-Nepalgunj-KTM.
- Shey Phoksundo National Park permit.
- Lower Dolpo Restricted Area Permit.
- Government taxes.
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters
The experience of our clients who recently returned from or trips.
Based on 2 Reviews
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.