- 03 nights at 3 star hotel
- 06 nights at tented camp
- 09 Breakfast
- 08 Lunch
- 08 Dinner
The Phoksundo Lake Trek takes you through breathtaking sceneries, thick pine backwoods and along wild streams. At the same time, the views of delightful snow-topped mountains are quite admirable. The highlight of the trek is the captive dark blue and emerald tones of the most profound lake in Nepal, Phoksundo Lake. Also, known as the Shey Phoksundo trek, this is really a standout amongst the most wonderful natural travel destinations in Nepal.
Shey Phoksundo Lake
The Phoksundo Lake or Shey Phoksundo is an alpine freshwater lake situated in the district of Dolpa, Nepal. It is the deepest lake of Nepal with a max depth of 145m and located at the elevation of 3612m above the sea level. The lake, located in the Shey Phoksundo National Park of Nepal, carries sacred importance for the Buddhists and Bon-Po religions. Thousands of pilgrims and trekkers show interest in Phoksundo lake trek due to its cultural importance.
Considered as the Jewel of Dolpa, the lake is surrounded by snow-capped mountains in all directions. More than 20 stupas lie in the southern belt of the lake. Annual prayers are carried out in a Gompa that sits on the eastern side of the lake. The village of Ringmo lies on the 30,000-40,000 years old landslide dam that formed the lake on the southern end. In fact, this village offers a wonderful insight into the amazing traditional Tibetan culture.
Phoksundo Lake Trek Map with Rara Lake Trek Route
Trek to the Shey Phoksundo Lake
The trek to Shey Phoksundo Lake is one of the most amazing and anticipated trekking among tourists. Our 10-day trip to Phoksundo, starting from the arrival of tourists at Tribhuwan International Airport, is an exotic and beautiful one. Not to mention, this trek to the beautiful Phoksundo Lake ironically charges the traveler with energy and positivity. All thanks to the inseparable and magical mixture of culture and nature. Visitors will know what inner peace and joy are with a short stay at this dazzling lake. Moreover, they will enjoy the binding view of the natural and cultural blend of Shey Phoksundo.
In case if we have some more time, it would be wise spending a day or two appreciating the views. And, examining the lake, encompassing territories will be quite fun. Try not to miss the Tshowa monastery on the east bank of Phoksundo Lake. On the southern bank, lies the village of Ringmo where you can get a rare and close insight at the traditional Bon-Po culture.
Go through our detailed itinerary and contact us for Shey Phoksundo trek price.
We can help you customize your trip with the best itineraries. For instance, Phoksundo to Rara trek takes you from the deepest lake in Nepal (in Dolpo) to Rara – the largest lake in Nepal (in Mugu).
Himalayan Trekking Pvt. Ltd. provides you free information for the most beautiful lake in the Himalaya.
Come see for yourself!
Day 1 – Arrival Kathmandu
Day 2 – Flight from Kathmandu – Nepalgunj
Day 3 – Flight from Nepalgunj – Juphal (2475 m); trek to Chhepka (2838 m) 6-7 hrs
Day 4 – Chhepka (2838 m) – Chunuwar near Amchi Hospital (3130 m) 6-7 hrs
Day 5 – Chunuwar near Amchi Hospital (3130 m) – Ringmo village at Phoksundo Lake (3641 m) 3 hrs
Day 6 – Explore Phoksundo Lake, visit the famous Bon Gompa
Day 7 – Ringmo village at Phoksundo Lake (3641 m) – Chhepka (2838 m) 7-8 hrs
Day 8 – Chhepka (2838 m) – Juphal (2475 m) 6 hrs
Day 9 – Flight from Juphal – Nepalgunj – Kathmandu
Day 10- Departure from Kathmandu
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van / Bus.
- 2- nights accommodation with breakfast at 3-star hotel in Kathmandu
- 1- night accommodation with breakfast at standard hotel in Nepalgunj
- 3-course meal (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) prepared by our cook during the trek
- Plenty of Hot drinks such as coffee, tea, chocolate, hot lemon
- Boiled drinking water during the trek
- Accommodation in Local guest house or tents during the trek
- 1 Experience licensed guide and his daily wage, food, accommodation, equipment, and Insurance
- Necessary porters and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment and their insurance.
- Round Trip flight from KTM-Nepalgunj-Juphal-Nepalgunj-KTM.
- Shey Phoksundo National Park permit.
- Lower Dolpo Restricted Area Permit.
- Government taxes.
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters