- Jeep Tour
- Local Culture Experiences
- 04 nights at 3 star hotel
- 07 nights tea house
- 11 breakfast
- 07 lunch
- 07 dinner
Upper Mustang is a gem among unexplored and untouched landscapes and lifestyles of Nepal. The Upper Mustang Jeep Tour is specially designed for those travelers who don’t have enough time to explore the spectacularly vast, arid valleys in the Himalayas. Here, the Tibetan culture continues to survive. You can explore the hidden former Kingdom of Mustang, also popular as mini-Tibet for its arid yet picturesque landscapes and Tibetan culture and lifestyles. Upper Mustang overland tour by jeep is a wonderful adventure holiday in Nepal.
The Forbidden Kingdom, Upper Mustang was not opened to outsiders until 1992 for the purpose of preservation. This isolation itself is the reason for the heavy Tibetan influence on this region. Even the landscapes and color of barren lands look similar to the Tibetan valleys.
Plan your Jeep drive to this beautiful Mustang kingdom and explore the desert landscape of Nepal. This radical Himalayan adventure is one of a kind, an astonishing excursion into another kingdom of Nepal – Lomangthang or Lo Manthang. The multi-colored Buddhist prayer flags sum up the view of the entire Lo Manthang.
- Tour through the rugged trails of Kagbeni via Jomsom to Lo Manthang by Jeep
- Experiencing the Tibetian culture and lifestyles
- Beautiful views of deserted landscapes, ancient caves & monasteries in the forbidden kingdom
- Taste the famous local apples of Jomsom
- Try the apple wine in Marpha.
- Muktinath visit which is one of the holiest shrines for Hindus
- Witness the Kali Gandaki Gorge (world’s deepest gorge)
- Brief Pokhara visit and tour
Related Trip: Upper Mustang Trek
It is a journey that takes you from Tibet influenced high, parched, mountain desert of Mustang to the sub-tropical wilderness. That too, in a couple of days. It’s simply energizing and exciting to roll down your jeep windows and feel the breeze on your skin.
Best Season for Upper Mustang Jeep Tour
Unlike trekking, you won’t have to face the extremities of physical challenges at such high altitudes. However, the winter season will not favor visitors whether they travel via Jeep, bike or foot. The snow-covered trails are hard to penetrate through for even 4WD tires. The steep terrains get slippery and almost impossible to drive through.
Not to mention, it can get very cold and chilly during the winter. March to November is an ideal period for the Upper Mustang road trip. The snow-capped mountains, the blue skies, and blooming vegetation complement the view during this time.
Inhale it, live it and cherish it.
Contact us for more info regarding the fees and permit for this amazing trip. Book your Jeep tour to Upper Mustang now and discover the mysteries of this place.
DAY 1 – Arrival at Kathmandu
After your trip to Kathmandu, We will pick you up and transfer you to your hotel. On the way, you could have your first impress about Nepalese culture. Change of sceneries guaranteed. Sounds, smell, rickshaws, colors, streets…
DAY 2 – Drive to Pokhara / 6 – 7 hours
It is a long way through Nepal on roads both tarred and earth-surfaced, but you won’t be disappointed. You will discover the beautiful countryside of Nepal. Lush greeneries, villages, farms, rivers, the lifestyle of local people in the streets and the panoramic view on the Himalaya range.
DAY 3: Fly Pokhara – Jomsom, Drive Jomsom – Kagbeni – Chhusang (2980 m).
Early in the morning and drive to Pokhara airport to fly to Jomsom. Pokhara to Jomsom is around 16 minutes flight. Jomsom is our starting point of Off-Road Jeep safari (drive). We load all our luggage at Jeep in Jomsom and our journey to Hidden Kingdom of Upper Mustang begins. We drive from Jomsom to Chhusang via Kagbeni. We drive through the bank of the Kali Gandaki river through the Kagbeni river gorge. Kagbeni is considered as a sacred place for Hindus. Kali Gandaki is also famous for collecting “Saligram”. Following the way crossing the Tangbe village we reach our day destination Chhusang. Chhusang still has remains of an old castle built during the silk trade period. Overnight at Chhusang.
DAY 4: Drive Chhusang – Charang (3560 m).
Breakfast and our day journey begins. Today we will drive around 5 hours passing through a village such as: Chaili, Samar, Gelling etc. Most of the houses in these area are constructed out of mud and stones with roof cast out of twins, straw and a mixture of mud and pebbles. On the way we also views some buddhist gompas which contains an exquisite wall paintings. Upon reaching Charang we will check in at Local Guest House free and relax. Overnight at Charang.
DAY 5: Drive Charang – Lo Manthang (3840 m).
After having breakfast we explore and interesting villages and monasteries. We then go a bit out of the way to see Dhakmar village. And our driving towards our journey begins. Our todays destination is Lo Manthang (the final destination of this trip). It is around 2 hours drive to Lo Manthang. Passing through uphill and flatterns road we reach to Lo Manthang. Free and relax. Overnight at Lo Manthang.
DAY 6: Explore Lo Manthang Village.
Have breakfast in the morning and explore a Lo Manthang Village. Visit the King’s Palace & the surroundings of Lo Manthang as well as the monasteries over there. Free and relax. Overnight at Lo Manthang.
DAY 7: Another Day Exploration of LoManthang
Today after having breakfast we drive all the way to visit Nepal – Tibet Border. Rest of the day is free and relax. Overnight at Lo Manthang.
DAY 8: Drive Lo Manthang – Gelling (3570 m).
Wake up in the morning enjoy your breakfast and our returning journey begins. Today we drive back from Lo Manthang all the way down to Gelling. It takes around 5 hours. Upon reaching Gelling we check in at Guest House free and relax. Overnight at Gelling.
DAY 9: Drive Gelling – Jomsom.
After having breakfast our day returning journey begins today we will drive back to Jomsom. It takes around 6 hours to reach Jomsom. Later we check-in at the guest house in Jomsom free and relax. Overnight at Jomsom.
DAY 10: Fly Jomsom – Pokhara.
We take a morning flight from Jomsom to Pokhara and transfer to Hotel. Free and relax in Pokhara. You can walk around lakeside in Pokhara watch the market around and relax. Overnight at Pokhara.
Day 12: Fly Pokhara – Kathmandu.
Have breakfast and pack your luggage to fly back to Kathmandu. Overnight at Kathmandu.
DAY 13: Fly back home
We will transfer you to the airport and hoping you spent a beautiful time with us in the Himalaya.
- Airport transfers by private car in Kathmandu
- Round way Private transfer to and from Pokhara
- 2 nights accommodation in Kathmandu at 3-star hotel (twin sharing)
- 2 nights accommodation in Pokhara at 3-star hotel (twin sharing)
- Round way flight to and from Jomsom
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit Fee
- Jeep Service from Jomsom to Lomanthang and return
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) card
- Special Trekking Permit US$ 500 per person for 10 days (the above price includes 10 days valid trekking permit from Kagbeni to Kagbeni. If you would wish to stay more than 10 days in restricted area, you are subjected to extra charge for extra days (US$ 50 per day / per person).
- Daily meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) during the trek
- Daily hot drinks such as tea, coffee and hot chocolate
- 1 experienced and license holder trekking guide and his daily meal, wage & accommodation
- 1 porter/carrier for a group of 2 person ( carry 20-25kg) and his daily meal, wage & accommodation
- Trekking equipment such as down jacket, sleeping bag (refundable after the trek)
- Twin sharing accommodation during the trek
- All Government Taxes
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- Lunch and Dinners in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Permit and Tax for extra days
- Excess baggage charges
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters