- 04 nights at 3 star hotel
- 07 nights at local tea house
- 10 Breakfast
- 08 Lunch
- 08 Dinner
The Mardi Himal trek is a relatively new and hence, a less explored trekking route in Nepal. Away from the busier and more crowded trekking routes, the trek is an ideal getaway for those interested in trekking and also as well for the beginners as prior experience isn’t needed. The trail is small and winding, passing through villages, beautiful and dense rhododendron forests, narrow valleys up to High Mountain landscapes with homestays and tea houses along the entire route. The trek offers visitors a chance to experience the culture and traditions of the local communities, to feast their eyes upon the incredible sceneries, endless diversity of flora and fauna of the region, and views of mountains such as Mardi Himal, Machhapuchhre (Fishtail), Annapurna south and Hiuchuli. All these elements make this one an ideal trekking experience in Nepal.
The trek begins after an hour’s drive from Pokhara to Kande. Trekkers shall make their way up towards Australian camp and then down to Pothana 1890m and again up to Deurali 2100m. The trail then passes through dense rhododendron forests into Forest Camp 2600m. The trail continues getting steeper through more forests with occasional glimpses of Annapurna South before getting into Low Camp (2970m).
The trail then leads into High Camp 3550m (mistakenly shown at 3900m in trekking maps). The landscape changes as you get closer to High Camp. Trekkers will suddenly find themselves in a rocky high mountain landscape, with amazing views of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli, Mardi Himal, and Machapuchre. Trekkers can then head further towards the Mardi Himal base camp at 4500 which is about 4 hours from High camp and again make their way back towards High Camp in the same day.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m)
Day 02: Drive to Pokhara (800m)
Day 03: Drive to Phedi and trek to Pothana (1925m)
Day 04: Trek to Forest Camp at Kokar (2,600m)
Day 05: Forest Camp to Low Camp (3,150m)
Day 06: From Low Camp to High Camp (3,700m
Day 07: Trip to Mardi Himal Base Camp (4,500m)
Day 08: Trek to Siding village (1,750m)
Day 09: Trek to Lumle for 3 hours and drive to Pokhara about 2 hours driving.
Day 10: Drive back to Kathmandu
Day 11: Return to your homeland
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,350m/4,428ft)
Once you land at Tribhuwan International Airport, you will be picked up by our representative who will drop you off at the hotel. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Drive to Pokhara (25 minutes/ 6-7 hours)
With breakfast done, we start for our drive to Pokhara. The journey is 6-7 hours long but pleasant with nice views of green hills and rivers flowing below. Overnight in Pokhara.
Day 03: Drive to Phedi and trek to Deurali (2100m/6,720ft): 30 minutes’ drive, 4-5 hours trek
With a hearty breakfast done, we drive to Phedi from where our trek begins. We make our way on stone steps, terraced fields and through some villages and forests to reach Dhampus. After lunch, we set off for Deurali, a tiny but pretty village situated on a ridge where one can enjoy spectacular views of Annapurna South, Mardi Himal and Macchhapuchhare. Overnight in Deurali.
Day 04: Deurali to forest camp (2,520m/8064ft): 6-7 hours
We leave Deurali passing through a rich forest filled with the beautiful red rhododendrons. The trail is pretty quiet until the clearing of the forest camp. We can take spend some time here exploring the area called Kokar. Overnight in Forest Camp.
Day 05: Forest Camp to low camp (2970m/9504ft): 5-6 hours
We leave forest camp walking through dense forests to reach low camp. Experience fantastic view of Mt. Machapuchhre (Mt. Fishtail) from here. We will spend the evening exploring the local culture. Overnight in low camp.
Day 06: Low camp to high camp (3540m/11,328ft): 3-4 hours
We leave low camp on moderately steep trail alongside a ridge towards Mardi Himal and Macchhapuchhre. The trail soon becomes more arid. If lucky, we might even spot the Daphne pheasant (national bird of Nepal) en route. We climb further to reach high camp, where magnificent mountain views await us. Overnight in high camp.
Day 07: High camp to upper viewpoint (4250m/13600ft), return to high camp: 2-3 hours
Today, we leave for the upper viewpoint. We move sometimes up, sometimes down and through narrow and steep trail to reach our destination. The trail leads us through pastures and along a narrow ridge to reach Upper Viewpoint where we will find stunning views ofAnnapurna I (8091m), Annapurna south (7219m),Machapuchhre (6993m),Mardi Himal (5587m), Hiunchuli (6441m), Tent Peak (5695m), BarahaShikhar (Mt. Fang) (7647m),Singhachuli (6501m), and others. After soaking the view, we trek back to high camp.Overnight in high camp.
Day 08: High camp to Sidhing Village (1700m/5440ft): 6-7 hours
Today we make a slight change in the route and head towards Sidhing instead of returning to Mardi Himal as the alternate route lets us experience the region some more and adds a spark of excitement to the trek. Siddhing is quiet and less crowded and the perfect retreat. Overnight in Siddhing.
Day 09: Trek to Lumre, drive to Pokhara 2-3 hours trek, 2 hours drive
With a fulfilling breakfast done, we take a short walk to reach Lumre from where we drive to Pokhara. Overnight in Pokhara
Day 10: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu
Take a tourist bus to Kathmandu from Pokhara, It is a same highway you have taken on the day 2. Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 11: Final departure
This is it, your last day in Nepal. It’s time to say goodbye, but we hope we’ll meet again! Our representative will escort you to the airport three hours before the scheduled flight.
- Airport pick up and drop off by private tourist vehicle
- 2 nights accommodation in Kathmandu at 3-star Nepalese standard hotel.
- 2 nights accommodation in Pokhara at 3-star Nepalese standard hotel.
- Private Coach to and from Arughat
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) card
- Tsum Valley Special Trekking Permit
- Full board meal (veg. / non veg.) prepared by our expert cook.
- All accommodations in tents and suitable Guest Houses during the treks
- All necessary paper works and permits
- 1 experienced and license holder trekking guide and his daily meal, wage & accommodation
- Required porters/carrier for a group of 2 person ( carry 20-25kg) and his daily meal, wage & accommodation
- All Government Taxes value added tax
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- Lunch and Dinners in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters